5 tips for a successful freelance career
Being a freelancer is not as easy as it looks on TV. Being your own boss and having the liberty to plan your work also requires discipline, planning and responsibility, which are key aspects to success.
|5 things you need to have to become a successful freelancer:
- Willingness. You should demonstrate commitment, be willing to prioritize your work, and work harder during the peak periods.
- Motivation. Self-motivation will determine your productivity throughout your day. Learn to overcome setbacks.
- Responsibility. Know when to start and stop. You may have to work extra hours every now and then, but it is also important that you have some free time too.
- Independence. Be your own boss, have the initiative to learn and the flexibility to do different things, and most importantly, do not be afraid to turn down projects that are not for you.
- Finances. Save for rainy days. Make sure that you have enough savings to supply for the times when projects do not arrive. It is wise to look for new clients even when you have a lot of work.
EXTRA TIP: Maintaining attentive communications with clients and paying careful attention to their wants and needs will help you retain their loyalty.